Monday, December 7, 2009

time for trigiani



bahahahaha is that not terrific? stole if from my friend j's little sister d. a fellow blogger! its actually quite perfect (and sad) for my life right now. ahhh, story for another day. i just started adriana trigiani's new book, very valentine, which means i will probably be mia until i finsih. during my sabbatical, definitely check out some of her others. the woman is a literary genius. i am very biased, and will be the first to admit, when it comes to italian-based lit. trigiani captures my soul. its like shes sucking me back into the lives my ancestors lived. dont get me wrong. those of you unlucky, no wait unfortunate, scratch that... non-italians [jk mejor] - will still enjoy her. shes a beautiful writer and her stories come to life in your hands. "youll laugh, youll cry" all that bs is true. but your heart will break and burst for her characters. i find so much of myself in them. the emotional roller coaster is worth it. she does not disappoint. ps: lots of her stories take place in jers or close to. take that, mtv.

1 comment:

  1. come on, i'm not SO unfortunate anymore. at least i have a fabulous italian last name & will have little fist pumping italian babies! i will add this author to my list for my next trip to the library. just finishing 'the bolter' by frances osbourne, it's a bio, but actually a really good one!

    ReplyDelete