Sunday, May 20, 2012

woops!

need to figure out how to publish blog posts from my cell. my weekends are most often spent elsewhere and i remember thinking "happy thoughts" multiple times this weekend and having nowhere to put them. add that to my list of things to do this week :)

lets start with friday. . . must go with something that tasted good. my favorite martini made by one of the best bartenders i know. yum.

and saturday. if you know me (and my boyfriend) at all, youre well aware of the fact that we just cannot be on time. no matter how hard we try, or what type of planning happens, we always manage to be the late ones. so a quickie shopping trip to finalize wedding outfits for a ceremony hours away obviously should not come as a surprise. and it could have turned out disastrous. but we helped each other pick out the perfect stuff in record time! the happy factor truly set in when i saw him beaming when guests said they loved my dress and winking at me when someone mentioned his cool new tie. when life is so busy and crazy, we dont always take those moments with each other. it may be small, but it really made me feel super connected to him. it felt good.

finally, today. tears pricked my eyes as i watched the cutest damn family of ducks crossing the road. one of the parents led the pack of six little fluffy guys, with the other parent bringing up the rear. and when a little one struggled at the back, the parent looked back and waited for it to catch up. all the cars on both sides stopped to let the family through and not one person looked exasperated. they just looked in appreciation at the ducks. i guess that kind of thing transcends.

and forget the sunday blues. im already perking up looking forward to my something good's of the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment