Sunday, November 7, 2010

wooed by the weekend

after spending a refreshing and relaxing weekend with an old friend, i found myself letting loose a little. i couldnt have predicted how good it felt to make the trip on whim, not have any definite plans, and leave hour upon hour to just live. i was sad to leave, but already looking forward to the next visit. with so many people coming into and out of my life, its nice to spend time with someone who knows me so well, even after all these years. it felt fabulous to have an unbiased opinion on many of the topics swirling through my everyday. and, as always, she was incredibly supportive and even made me crack a smile or two.

as more time passes, i find that i am looking more carefully at the things i am thankful for. and on a positive note, they are much more abundant than i had expected. i know im overlapping days here, but this weekend reminded me of how thankful i am for e's friendship. amongst other things...


4: the innocence of a kindergartner who thought her older brother in detention was my boyfriend. and a much-needed night to catch up with two of my best friends.
5: not a single room207 student being reprimanded once on the field trip. and as a result of that pent up energy, a picture that is worth way more than a thousand words (i cant remember the last time i laughed so deeply).
6: the sweet boy at the gas station washing my windows while i waited,without being asked. an amaaazing dinner at crush. finding a purple, childs small, ray lewis jersey instock and purchasing :)
7: a ravens WIN witnessed live in bmore. and the avoidance of a chance meeting with ex d that would most likely have done more damage than good. the extra hour of life gained by daylight savings. oh how i love you, roman clock.

with the start of a new week looming, i am confident that there will be an overload of things i am thankful for in the everyday. i just hope that they will carry me through the uncertainty.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the positive-ness!! Very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm not thankful for getting pulled over by your ex. i need to hear that story by the way and all about your bmore trip, avoided d??? details please. e-mail me asap.

    ReplyDelete