Wednesday, November 10, 2010

piece of cake [or pumpkin pie?]

this whole "being thankful" thing is quite easy. its the daily blogging that trips me up. i often fantasize about what it would be like to be such a sought-after writer, that i could be paid an embarassingly large amount of money to just blog everyday. and then i come back to reality and come to terms with the fact that id be fired, day2. i try, i really do. it just doesnt happen. so im yet again, catching up.

8: finding out that the 8th graders (my students from last year) entered the year at 90% proficiency in reading! wahoo!
9: the kids in my homeroom - again i know, for making mature and thoughtful decisions when i allowed them to choose their own class seats. baby steps :)
10: coworker s for joining me in the "land of misfit toys" and throwing herself into "our" kids as much as i do. i am lucky for her kindred spirit. also, my sister k for baking my three batches of muffins, knowing id be home too late to feel like it. oh and how dare i forget, baked macaroni for dinner. my favorite!

would love to stay and chat, as i am thoroughly enjoying my season of thankfulness, but im busy preparing for my favorite weeks of the curriculum year. did you know that there are over 900 published versions of the cinderella story? aha i bet not. so clearly i have my work cut out for me if i can accurately address this phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment