Monday, June 14, 2010

99 problems, and they all bitches.

thats where youre wrong, kid cudi. ive actually got 107. but yes, theyre all bitches right about now. i just need to survive four more days. report cards are in, grades have been finalized, summer school is rostered, textbooks have been collected. im in the process of cleaning/packing up my room, with a little help from my favorite behavior problems. the sad fact is, ill miss them in about a week. it usually takes that long. by the end of christmas break, im actually itching to get back in there. spring break feels like an eternity. outside looking in, im sure this sounds insane. a teacher who doesnt look forward to time off? dont get me wrong. i love it. its what keeps me sane and gives me the strength to go back next year. i appreciate the time off my job allows. especially with a summer of beach looming in the near future. but if i didnt miss the kids, would i be in the right profession? they drive me up the wall on a regular basis, but i wouldnt have it any other way. ill think of them all at one point this summer. and i can count on one hand the number of students whose names will make me cringe. and next year, ill cry my way through september, wondering how ill ever survive. forgetting again, how unruly and wild my students were when they walked through the halls of seventh grade at the beginning of the year. ill say "oh my god these kids are terrible. last years kids werent half as bad" and "ill never accomplish anything with this type of behavior" and "these are test scores? they look like shoe sizes. well never make ayp this year" all the while ceasing to remember that i was in the same position this year. and eventually, the tears will subside and ill be at thanksgiving break, seeing the light at the end of the crazy tunnel. someone just remind me to read this post everyday next september.

No comments:

Post a Comment