Sunday, June 17, 2012

victory!

many things helped get me out of my recent funk. the "something good" each day idea i borrowed from another blogger was a big one. it made me take a teeny tiny minute in each day to realize just one thing that made the day worthwhile. in doing so, i realized much more than just one. and with the exception of one day, i managed to find the good in all. chalk it up to a rough one there. i know i missed the last few days, so id like to wrap up my "experiment" with those:

thursdays teacher inservice seminars reinforced my on-the-fence idea to start journaling with my students again next year. i pushed it to the side this year due to curriculum restraints, but after participating in an awesome presentation by the minding your mind foundation - i realized the importance of giving my students a voice or an outlet for whats going on inside. more to come once i get my plans in the works! friday was good in that although it was a rather unsuccessful beach day, it developed into a fabulous gossip sesh with some best friends. garlic crabs at oyster creek and docking the boat successfully with no help made saturday special.

which brings me to today. its been a full month since i started this effort into a more positive mindset. im not normally an incredibly positive or negative person. i fall somewhere in the middle. but just like anyone, i sometimes get into a slump. and ive really been trying to understand that positivity and overall happiness dont just show up. you need to believe in them, and sometimes even, work at them. understanding that really helped me recently and i think that by trying to look at the positives, i truly got there. so my final something good (for now) is the feeling of success. and actual happiness.

so on to the next project, right? stay tuned. . . im unveiling it tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. we had minding your mind come this year too, they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete