Thursday, March 17, 2011

luck of the irish?

i dont quite know what it is, but today is pretty sweet. after the overwhelming debacles of yesterday which i wont even get into because today is a new day, ill admit it was difficult to get out of bed this morning. lately i find that when i tell myself "tomorrow has to be a better day" it comes back to bite me. isnt that just the way it goes? that theory was even brought up in our novel the other day. its everywhere! but not today! i dont believe in all that irish bullshit but since today is their day, ill give it to em. i think the luck of the irish rubbed off on me.


i was early to work.
all my kids were in school, on time for testing.
the morning test snack was cinnamon teddy grahams (yum).
i was able to SOLVE todays math problems - and help guide most of my kids to the correct answer.
my tea wasnt too sweet.
no one fell asleep during post-test classes.
my outside student came early.
he took his time with testing again - and wow'ed me.
my boss let us leave a half hour early.
i got all my copies made.
i cleaned up enough that i can SEE my desk.
i finished/submitted my march madness bracket (with help from my homeroom).
there was not a speck of traffic on the ride home.
the weather was perfect for driving.
maroon5 sunday morning = best windows down song was on the radio.
i had my big black aubrey sunglasses.
my lesson plans are finished.
dinner was homemade broccoli rabe sausage. my favorite.
my dad schooled me on bball and made me laugh.
i had an oreo mcflurry.
i caught up on my missed episodes of pretty little liars.
the girls on the show created a fake page to stalk some guys exgf (no comment).
some of my madness teams are WINNING.
my cough seems to be gone, or at least hibernating.
in honor of the holiday, i was reminded of college dorm memories.
and in turn, reminded my roomies of their long lost love of boondock saints.
i remembered that tomorrow is jean day.
i found $20 that i forgot was mine.
its 8:39 and i have nothing to do but relax.


i guess those irish eyes were smiling at me,
because i sure feel lucky today.

No comments:

Post a Comment